The Global Teacher Prize (GTP) has been around since 2015, and has as a goal to raise the status of the teaching profession and put it on the same level as other professions. It is known as the "Nobel Prize for Teachers," and offers a $1 million prize to the winner!
Nominations for the 2027 GTP just opened, so Nominate that special teacher who has changed your life! Any K-12 teacher on the planet is eligible, so there will be many thousands of nominations of the top teachers from 80-100 countries.
This is life-changing for a teacher. When I was chosen as one of the Top 50 Finalists in 2015, I had the opportunity to meet and partner with some of the great teachers on the planet. I am in touch and collaborate with dozens, and have met so many of them personally when we had four teacher summits in Dubai from 2016-2019. I have been a reader-judge for the selection process for several years, and I am only amazed and inspired as I read through applications from all over the world.
Consider it, and nominate a teacher from your school career!

No comments:
Post a Comment